1. The collection and usage purposes of Personal Information
We may collect and use Personal Information from or about you as may be necessary for the following purposes:
- for the conclusion and performance of a contract, including provision of services/products, the management of a contract, and the after-sales service of provided products/services;
- for the contact necessary for providing services/products (including the case of requesting delivery agencies to deliver products, etc.);
- for providing information on services/products and other information related to our business activities;
- for the consideration and development of services/products;
- for the billing and credit protection of charges concerning services/products (including the case of requesting a credit company for a credit card payment, etc.);
- for market research, and other researches or surveys;
- for business analysis;
- for sales promotion and other similar activities;
- for the conclusion and performance of a contract with business partners, and the management of a contract;
- for CSR (corporate social responsibility)-related activities;
- for receiving and responding to your inquiries and requests;
- for ensuring security of our customers and employees;
- for the consideration and development of software, systems, equipment, devices, etc. to ensure security;
- for the operation and maintenance of facilities, equipment and devices and the management and usage thereof; and
- other purposes reasonably related to the foregoing uses.
We may collect and use Personal Information from or about our employees, applicants, and retirees, and their families, and the like for the following purposes:
- for recruitment activities and providing information related to recruitment;
- for employee management (including loans and transfers);
- for payment of salaries, etc.;
- for benefit programs, etc.;
- for health management, etc.;
- for post-retirement procedures;
- for the procedures and contacts, etc. necessary for legal requirements; and/or
- for the procedures and contacts, etc. necessary for business operations.
2. Disclosure of Personal Information to third parties
We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties for the abovementioned purposes stated in paragraph 1. We will obtain your consent if we use or disclose your Personal Information to third parties save where we are not required to obtain your consent under the applicable law which includes the following situations:
- where the laws or regulations make such disclosure necessary;
- where disclosure is required to respond to an emergency that threatens the life, health or safety of you or a third party, and when it is difficult to obtain your consent; or
- in which there is a need to cooperate with a government organization such as a law enforcement agency or a public agency in furtherance of their duties as prescribed by laws and regulations, and when there is a possibility that obtaining your consent would interfere with the furtherance of the duties.
We may, in accordance with the applicable law, transfer your Personal Information to our trustees of the business (including CO&CO Co., LTD, a Japanese corporation, and CO&CO SG Pte. Ltd., a Singapore corporation) for the purposes set out in paragraph 1 above. We may also control your personal information at our Singapore office. Accordingly, we may transfer Personal Information from Japan to Singapore, or from Singapore to Japan, and in such case, we shall ensure that such transfer is effected in compliance with the APPI, the PDPA and all other applicable laws.
3. Procedures of management of Personal Information
If you request for access to, correction, addition, cease usage, or deletion of your Personal Information held by us, we will deal with the request after going through the necessary identity confirmation procedures within a reasonable time period, and in accordance with the APPI, the PDPA, and other applicable laws or regulations. We may also charge a reasonable administrative fee for such a request where permitted by the applicable law. Please note that, in that event that you request for us to cease usage or deletion of your Personal Information, we reserve the right to cease our provision of services to you if permitted under the applicable law. If you wish to make a request for access to, correction, addition, cease usage, or deletion of your Personal Information, please contact us by the methods mentioned below.
4. Data Protection Officer
E-mail (Form for inquiry) for Personal Information, etc. [email protected]
To: East Japan Railway Company Singapore Representative Office
4 Shenton Way, #18-04 SGX Centre Tower 2, Singapore 068807 (until August 7, 2019)
20 Anson Road, #11-01 Twenty Anson, Singapore 079912 (on and after August 8, 2019)